How It Works:
Amphotericin B belongs to a class of medications called as antifungal agents. It works by interfering with the formation of the fungal cell membrane and weakening it thereby killing the sensitive fungi.
Burning sensation, Itching, Contact sensitization, Dry skin, Skin redness
Amfy v 1mg gel is used in the treatment of serious fungal infections and kala-azar
- Inform your doctor immediately if skin problem does not improve or worsens within 1 to 2 weeks.
- To avoid relapse, continue use of topical amphotericin B even if symptoms begin to clear up.
- Avoid direct contact of the cream or ointment with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to amphotericin B or any of its ingredients.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is amphotericin B an antibiotic?
Yes, amphotericin B is an antifungal antibiotic for the treatment of serious infections caused by fungi
Q. Is amphotericin B fungistatic or fungicidal?
Amphotericin B is fungicidal in nature, it acts by killing the fungus
Q. Is amphotericin B testing dose needed?
Yes, amphotericin B is associated with allergic (severe and serious) reaction, therefore it is recommended to apply a test dose before starting the therapy to check for sensitivity
Q. Is amphotericin B light sensitive?
Amphotericin B is not light sensitive.