How It Works:
Aspirin (acetyl salicylic acid) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Aspirin reduces the production of a chemical (prostaglandin) in the body by blocking the enzyme that makes prostaglandins (cyclooxygenase). Therefore, swelling, pain, and fever are reduced. This also helps in blood thinning and in preventing clotting.
Nausea, Bronchoconstriction (constriction of air passages), Angioedema (swelling of deeper layers of skin), Bleeding, Cerebral hemorrhage, Dizziness, Shortness of breath, Gastrointestinal discomfort, Gastric erosion, Gastric ulcer, Gastrointestinal bleeding, Hepatitis (viral infection of liver), Enlarged liver, Indigestion, Respiratory alkalosis, Running nose, Ringing in ear, Urticaria, Vertigo, Vomiting
Aspirin(ASA) is used in the treatment of fever, headache, migraine, joint pain, muscular pain, dental pain, menstrual pain and prevention of heart attack
• Take the drug with food to lower the chances of an upset stomach
• Consult your doctor if you have ringing in ears, unusual bleeding or nausea or vomitting after taking this drug
• Do not take this drug if you have or had stomach ulcer.
• Do not start or continue the aspirin tablets and consult your doctor:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to aspirin or any of the other ingredients of aspirin tablet.
- If you have history of asthma, urticarial, rhinitis, hay fever, chronic respiratory diseases,nasal polyps or other sensitivity reaction precipitated by other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is aspirin same as disprin, ecosprin and loprin?
Yes. All the three brands (disprin, ecosprin and loprin) contain aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) as main ingredient
Q. Is ecosprin a beta blocker?
No. Ecosprin (aspirin) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
Q. Is aspirin/disprin good for hangover?
No. However, alcohol consumption with aspirin increases the risk of bleeding
Q. Is ecosprin a blood thinner?
Yes. Ecosprin (aspirin) reduces the effect of certain chemical messenger systems in the body. These compounds are responsible for platelet (thrombocyte) aggregation or blood clotting. Consequently, Aspirin may considerably reduce the risk of clots
Q. Is aspirin/dispirin good for heart?
Yes. Aspirin at low dose generally prescribed to prevent and treat heart attacks. Patient should take a daily aspirin only if your doctor advises you to do so
Q. Is aspirin good for hair growth?
No. Aspirin has no role on hair growth
Q. Is aspirin safe?
Aspirin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.