How It Works:
Plermin 0.1% w/w gel is a chemical or protein called human platelet-derived growth factor that is naturally present in the body and assists in cell and tissue repair, thus healing the ulcers.
Pain, Application site swelling, Burning sensation, Skin redness, Rash
Plermin 0.1% w/w gel is used in the treatment of diabetic ulcers
- Inform your doctor before using the medicine if you are suffering from any type of cancer or had a history of cancer or is suffering from poor blood supply to limbs.
- Do not use any other creams, gels, or ointments at the site of the wound and do not use in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not stop using becaplermin without your doctor’s advice. It may take several weeks for becaplermin to work.
- Becaplermin should be used with extreme caution in children less than 16 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. What is becaplermin used for?
Becaplermin is used to treat long standing ulcers of the foot, ankle or legs in diabetic patients
Q. How does becaplermin work?
Becaplermin works by growth and development of cells that repair wounds and help to close and heal the ulcer.