How It Works:
Benzoyl peroxide attacks the bacteria (germs) known as Propionibacterium acnes, one of the main causes of acne. It also has peeling and drying properties.
Pain, Allergic contact dermatitis, Facial swelling, Allergic reaction, Burning sensation, Dry skin, Shortness of breath, Fainting, Itching, Skin irritation, Skin peeling, Skin redness, Tingling sensation
Benzoyl Peroxide is used in the treatment of acne (pimples)
- This medicine is for external use only. Always wash your hands after using benzoyl peroxide.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight or UV lamps while using benzoyl peroxide. If unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen lotion and apply benzoyl peroxide in the evening after washing the skin.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, nose (especially mucous lining). If any accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Benzoyl peroxide should not be applied to damaged skin.
- This product may bleach hair and colored fabrics including clothing, towels and bed linen. Be careful to avoid contact of the gel with these materials.
- Caution should be exercised when applying benzoyl peroxide to the neck and other sensitive areas.
- Do not stop using benzoyl peroxide if your skin condition appears to worsen for the first 2 to 3 weeks of treatment.
- Do not apply benozyl peroxide if you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Avoid using benozyl peroxide if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Do not apply benozyl peroxide if you are using any other acne products or medicines with peeling, irritant and drying effects.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Does benzoyl peroxide work/ is benzoyl peroxide good for skin/pimples/acne/acne marks/ acne scars/ dark spots?
Benzoyl peroxide is effective in treating acne on face, chest or back in most of the people where the skin has a lot of blackheads, spots and pimples. It can be helpful in treating acne marks, scars and dark spots
Q. Does benzoyl peroxide darken skin/cause hyperpigmentation/peel skin/bleach skin/cause redness?
Benzoyl peroxide may cause redness, peel the skin and also bleach skin and hair. It doesn't darken the skin or cause hyperpigmentation, but it should be best to use it under a doctor's supervision
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide a BHA/an antibiotic/ retin a/salicylic acid?
Benzoyl peroxide is not a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), antibiotic, retin A or salicylic acid
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide the same as hydrogen peroxide?
No, benzoyl peroxide is different from hydrogen peroxide.