How It Works:
Tantum gel belongs to a class of medication called as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by inhibiting the production of chemical (prostaglandin) which causes pain and inflammation, thereby providing relief.
Increased sensitivity to light, Hormone imbalance, Allergic reaction, Slow growth in children and teenagers, Allergic skin rash, Shortness of breath
Tantum gel is used in the treatment of muscular pain
• Benzydamine can be diluted with water if ‘stinging’ occurs when used undiluted.
• Rinse immediately with plenty of water in case of contact with eyes.
• Do not use the benzydamine continuously for more than 7 days and consult your doctor if the pain and inflammation persists even after 7 days of consequent use.
• Do not swallow the mouthwash. Seek immediate medical attention if large amounts of benzydamine have been accidently consumed as it may cause mucosal irritation.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients who are allergic to benzydamine or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to children < 6 years.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is benzydamine over the counter?
No, benzydamine is not available over-the-counter. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner
Q. Does benzydamine contain alcohol/penicillin?
Yes, benzydamine contains 96% ethanol
Q. Does listerine contain benzydamine?
No, it does not contain benzydamine.