How It Works:
Bisbloc 2.5 mg tablet belongs to a class of medications called beta blockers. It works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing heart rate to improve and decrease blood pressure.
Fatigue, Bradycardia, Insomnia, Peripheral vascular disorders, Asthma, Altered blood lipids
Bisbloc 2.5 mg tablet is used in the treatment of angina (chest pain), arrhythmias (abnormal heart beat), heart attack, increased blood pressure and heart failure
- Bisoprolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Bisoprolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Bisoprolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Bisoprolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is bisoprolol a blood thinner/ statin/ cardio selective/ diuretic/ beta blocker/ steroid/ addictive?
Bisoprolol (also available as Concor) is a cardio selective beta-blocker. It is not a diuretic, statin, blood thinner or a steroid. It is not an addictive drug
Q. Is bisoprolol fumarate the same as bisoprolol?
Bisoprolol fumarate is same as bisoprolol
Q. Can I take bisoprolol for anxiety?
Bisoprolol is used to treat high blood pressure. But, it is not recommended to treat anxiety. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take Cialis with Concor?
Tadalafil (Cialis) should not be taken with bisoprolol (Concor) as there may be an increased chance of low blood pressure
Q. Does bisoprolol slow heart rate/ cause tiredness/ muscle pain/ fluid retention/ depression/ dizziness/ diarrhea/ headaches/ weight gain/ breathless?
Bisoprolol are known to cause the above mentioned side effects. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q. Can I take bisoprolol with Ramipril/ amitriptyline/ Lisinopril/ paracetamol/ paracetamol/ Viagra/ diazepam/ aspirin/ codeine/ Imodium?
Bisoprolol may interact with drugs mentioned above. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.