How It Works:
Butenafine is an allylamines that belongs to the class of medications called as antifungal agents. It works by interfering with the formation of the fungal cell membrane and weakening it, thereby killing the sensitive fungi.
Pain, Burning sensation, Skin inflammation, Skin irritation, Itching, Skin redness
Butop 1 % w/w cream is used in the treatment of fungal infections
- Butenafine topical cream is for external use only. Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of accidental contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Before applying the cream, wash and completely dry the affected area.
- Do not cover the area with bandages or other dressings, unless directed by your doctor.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice change in color or burning sensation of skin.
- Tell your doctor if you have a fungal nail infection or any other skin problem.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to butenafine or any of its ingredients.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Does butenafine hydrochloride kill ringworm/ kill yeast?
Yes. Butenafine hydrochloride kills ringworm and yeast
Q. Is butenafine hydrochloride a steroid?
No. Butenafine hydrochloride is not a steroid. It is an antifungal drug.