How It Works:
Cabliz 0.25 mg tablet treats increased prolactin level (hyperprolactinemia) by decreasing the amount of prolactin in the body which helps in fertility and period problems ( usually caused by not having the right amount of prolactin). Cabliz 0.25 mg tablet treats acromegaly by decreasing the amount of growth hormone in the body.
Vomiting, Nausea, Breast pain, Constipation, Dizziness, Fatigue, Pain during periods, Heartburn, Hot flashes, Nose bleed, Tingling sensation of extremity
Cabliz 0.25 mg tablet is used in increased prolactin levels and acromegaly
- Cabergoline may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting when you get up too quickly from a lying position. This is more common when you first start taking cabergoline. To avoid this problem, get out of bed slowly, resting your feet on the floor for a few minutes before standing up.
- Contact your doctor immediately, if you notice any unusual behavior such as addictive gambling, too much eating or spending, abnormally high sex drive or increase in sexual thoughts.
- Do consult your doctor before taking cabergoline if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do consult your doctor before taking cabergoline if you are breast-feeding.
- Inform your doctor about all the medication you are currently taking to avoid interactions that may reduce effectiveness of any treatment or aggravate side effects.
- Regular monitoring of heart function (tests like ECG) may be advised while on treatment with cabergoline.
- Contact your doctor immediately, if you notice symptoms like- breathlessness (dyspnea), persistent cough or chest pain; obstruction that may cause pain in abdomen or lower abdomen or loin.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is cabergoline safe?
Yes. Cabergoline is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is cabergoline a steroid/monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)?
No. Cabergoline stimulates dopamine (D2) receptor and used to lower high levels of prolactin in the body. It does not have a structure or effect similar to steroids. Cabergoline has no known inhibitory activity on enzymes monoamine oxidases (MAO)
Q. Is cabergoline a fertility drug?
Cabergoline can be used to improve fertility in cases where there are high levels of prolactin. It suppresses high prolactin levels in men and women. Clomid is a brand name for active drug clomiphene that stimulates ovulation (release of egg in women) and improves fertility
Q. Can I take clomid and cabergoline for fertility?
Please consult your doctor regarding use of clomid and cabergoline for improving fertility
Q. When is cabergoline used?
Cabergoline is used when there is excess release of hormone prolactin in the body(hyperprolactinemia). It stops release of prolactin and lowers its levels in the blood
Q. What is cabergoline used for?
It is used to treat conditions associated with hyperprolactinemia such as absence of menstruation (amenorrhea), irregular menstruation (oligomenorrhea), absence of ovulation (anovulation), abnormal milky discharge from breasts (galactorrhea) and fertility problems in men and women
Q. What is caberlin 0.5?
Caberlin is a trade name for active drug cabergoline. Caberlin 0.5 contains 0.5 mg of cabergoline
Q. Is cabergoline illegal?
No. Cabergoline is not illegal; it belongs to a class of prescription drugs
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/paracetamol/Benadryl with cabergoline?
Cabergoline has no known serious interaction with ibuprofen, paracetamol or active drugs in Benadryl. Inform your doctor about all the medication you are currently taking to avoid interactions that may reduce effectiveness of any treatment or aggravate side effects
Q. Does cabergoline affect your periods/cause hair loss/headaches/constipation/increased libido?
Yes. Some possible side effects of cabergoline include: hair loss, changes in menstrual cycle, headache, constipation and increased sexual desire
Q. Does cabergoline cause weight loss?
No. Weight loss is not a known side effect of cabergoline
Q. Does cabergoline raise testosterone/ increase dopamine?
No. Cabergoline has no known effect on stimulating testosterone release. Cabergoline does not increase release of dopamine. It only mimics the action dopamine by stimulating dopamine (D2) receptors
Q. Does cabergoline shrink pituitary tumors/ is cabergoline a chemo drug?
No. Cabergoline has no known direct effect on pituitary tumors. It is not a chemo drug
Q. Does cabergoline work?
Yes. Cabergoline is effective in lowering high levels of hormone prolactin in blood (hyperprolactinemia) and treat disorders related to hyperprolactinemia. It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.