How It Works:
Suprapod dry syrup is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Diarrhoea, Skin rash, Stomach upset, Vomiting
Suprapod dry syrup is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and typhoid fever
Do not take cefpodoxime within 2 hours of antacids or H2 antagonists (ranitidine, famotidine).Take this medicine with meals or a snack for better absorptionMake sure you finish the entire course of treatmentConsult your doctor:
- If you are allergic to cefpodoxime or any other cephalosporin antibiotic such as cefadroxil, cephalexin, penicillin, or any other drugs.
- If you have diarrhea, inflammation of large intestine (colon) colitis, or stomach problems, blood clotting problem.
- If you have or had kidney or liver disease.
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking cefpodoxime.
- If you have taken cefpodoxime repeatedly or for longer duration.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is cefpodoxime a sulfa drug/steroid/penicillin?
No, cefpodoxime belongs to class of medication called as cephalosporin antibiotics
Q. Is Cefpodoxime/ cefodem xp 325/ cefodem 200/ monocef-o/ kefpod safe?
Cefpodoxime (also available as cefodem xp 325/cefodem 200/ monocef-o/kefpod) is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. What are cefpodoxime/ cefodem xp 325/ cefodem 200/ monocef-o/ kefpod/ gudcef 200/ gudcef?
Cefpodoxime belongs to class of medication called as cephalosporin antibiotics. It is used for the treatment of infections caused by bacteria
Q. Is cefpodoxime a sulfa drug/ penicillin/ steroid/ an antibiotic?
Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic belong to class of medication called as cephalosporin. It is not a steroid and does not contain penicillin or sulpha.