How It Works:
Uniplatin 10mg injection belongs to a class of medicines called cytostatics. It prevents DNA synthesis in cancerous cells, thereby affecting overall function of the cell and causing cell death.
Vomiting, Nausea, Abnormal kidney function test, Altered taste, Application site redness of skin, Application site irritation, Bloody diarrhea, Dark colored urine, Dry mouth, Hair loss, Hiccup, Decreased white blood cell count
Uniplatin 10mg injection is used in the treatment of ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, testicular cancer and lung cancer
- You must undergo hearing test prior to each treatment with cisplatin.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from any infection, nervous disorder or if you have received radiation therapy to your head.
- Special care should be taken while taking cisplatin as spillage of cisplatin in skin can cause tissue damage.
- Avoid simultaneous use of medicines (or radiation) that obstructs the bone marrow function as it can enhance the side effects of cisplatin on the bone marrow.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially for cancer, infection, recurrent fits, gout, as these medicines and cisplatin may not be safe when taken together.
- Avoid receiving any vaccine when on treatment with cisplatin.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as cisplatin may cause side effects such as feeling sleepy and/or vomiting.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is cisplatin a radiosensitizer or vesicant?
Cisplatin is platinum based inorganic compound used to destroy cancer cells and also acts as radiosensitizer i.e. it increases the response to radiotherapy. It is not a vesicant, but can cause irritation and damage to the vein in which it is injected, and damage to skin and surrounding tissues if leaks during injection
Q. Is cisplatin polar?
Cisplatin is a polar molecule
Q. Does cisplatin cause hair loss, weight gain, infertility, neuropathy, hearing loss or hiccups?
Cisplatin can cause hair loss, infertility, hearing loss, neuropathy, hair loss and hiccups. However it is not reported to cause weight gain
Q. Is cisplatin light sensitive?
Yes, cisplatin is light sensitive and must be stored properly.