How It Works:
Fragmin 2500 iu prefilled syringe prevents the formation of harmful blood clots.
Bleeding, Bruise, Hematoma, Injection site swelling, Injection site pain, Irritation, Reduced blood platelets, Skin redness
Fragmin 2500 iu prefilled syringe is used for heart attack, deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in deep veins) and pulmonary embolus (blood clot in lungs)
- Take special precautions while taking dalteparin if you have any of the following conditions that make you susceptible to bleeding: after an operation or trauma, stroke, brain tumour, abnormal or low numbers of platelets (clotting cells), diabetes, uncontrolled high blood pressure.
- Dalteparin may reduce platelet count in your blood. Avoid activities that may cause injury or bruising.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have unusual bruising or bleeding; dark, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Inform your doctor or dentist that you take dalteparin before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Your condition may be monitored with lab tests, including complete blood cell counts blood chemistry.
- Dalteparin is not recommended in children.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is dalteparin an anticoagulant/ a LMWH?
Dalteparin is an anticoagulant drug which belongs to class of medications called low molecular weight heparins.