How It Works:
Dapoxetine works in depression by increasing the levels of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is one of the chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating mood.
Nausea, Nervousness, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Headache, Indigestion, Insomnia, Running nose, Sleeping for unusually long periods, Upper respiratory tract infection
Dapoxetine is used in the treatment of premature ejaculation
It should be used in men of 18 to 64 years of age.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Dapoxetine, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The risk of dependence is minimal with the Dapoxetine.
- The most common side effect seen with Dapoxetine is nausea, vomiting followed by diarrhea. On long-term use, the patient might develop sexual side effects, but they are reversible.
- Do not discontinue or increase/decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- You may have to take Dapoxetine at least for 2 to 3 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Notify your doctor if you feel unusually agitated, irritable, or have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself.
- Dapoxetine should be taken preferably during the day to keep the mood alleviated during the day.
- During the treatment initially signs of anxiety may be seen in some patients.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is dapoxetine a prescription drug?
Yes. Dapoxetine is a prescription drug, available in India
Q. Is dapoxetine safe?
Dapoxetine in prescribed doses is generally safe however medical advice must be sought while taking dapoxetine. Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding dosage and duration
Q. Is dapoxetine effective?
Dapoxetine seems effective in treating premature ejaculation.