How It Works:
Dargen 60 mcg prefilled syringe belongs to a class of haematological agents called erythropoeisis stimulating agents (ESAs). It is a synthetic form of a human hormone (erythropoietin) produced by recombinant DNA technology, which increases the red blood cell production thereby helping in relieving the symptoms.
Rash, Cough, Shortness of breath, Fatigue, Altered heart rate, Hoarseness of voice, Increased blood pressure, Injection site bruise, Injection site irritation, Itching, Skin redness, Stomach pain, Wheezing
Dargen 60 mcg prefilled syringe is used in the treatment of anemia, anemia due to chemotherapy and anemia due to chronic kidney disease
• Tell your doctor if you experience unusual fatigue, shortness of breath, severe headache drowsiness, confusion, problems with eyesight, nausea vomiting or fits as it indicates that you have high blood pressure.
• Consult your physician if you have high blood pressure, sickle cell anemia, liver diseases, hepatitis C, fits or any allergy to latex.
• Use the lowest dose sufficient to reduce the need for red blood cell (RBC) transfusions.
• You will be regularly monitored for hemoglobin levels, as very high hemoglobin may increase the risk of heart or blood vessel disorders.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to darbepoetin alfa or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patient who have had pure red cell aplasia (PRCA, a type of anemia) with the use of darbepoetin alfa.
• Should not be given to patients who have poorly controlled high blood pressure despite medication.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. What is darbepoetin alfa non-ESRD?
Darbepoetin alfa is protein, it is similar to human erythropoietin. Darbepoetin alfa can be used for anemia in end stage renal disease (ERSD) which is the last stage of chronic kidney disease
Q. What is darbepoetin alfa used for?
Darbepoetin alpha is used to treat anemia associated with chronic kidney failure in adults and pediatric patients, and symptomatic anemia in adult cancer patients receiving chemotherapy and anemia
Q. How does darbepoetin alfa work?
Darbepoetin alfa works by stimulating bone marrow to produce more red blood cells thereby helps in reducing the symptoms of anemia.