How It Works:
Dilzem cd 180mg capsule blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels. As a result, blood vessels are relaxed and heart beats with less force. This lowers the blood pressure, abnormally fast heart beat and protects the heart following a heart attack.
Arterial hypotension (low blood pressure), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness, Flushing, Constipation
Dilzem cd 180mg capsule is used in the treatment of increased blood pressure , angina (chest pain) and arrhythmias (abnormal heart beat)
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Diltiazem can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Diltiazem can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Diltiazem. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Diltiazem may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is diltiazem a betablocker/ace inhibitor/ statin/ mono amine oxidase inhibitor?
No, diltiazem belongs to class of medication called as calcium channel blockers
Q. Is diltiazem and Cardizem same?
Yes, diltiazem is generic name and cardiazem is brand name
Q. Is diltiazem a generic drug?
Yes, diltiazem is the generic name of the drug
Q. Is diltiazem narcotic?
No, however, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does diltiazem cause headache/nausea/diahhrea/bruising/reflex tachycardia/slow heart rate/sleepiness?
Diltiazem can cause headache/nausea/diahhrea. Always consult your doctor regarding its side effects
Q. Can I take diltiazem with ibuprofen/Xanan/metoprolol/ Tylenol/Viagra/Advil (ibuprofen)?
No observed drug interaction occurs with these drugs. Always follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.