How It Works:
Duvanta 40 mg tablet works in depression by increasing the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating mood.
Night sweats, Frequent urge to urinate, Drowsiness, Altered libido, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Fatigue, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Difficulty in urination, Headache, Heartburn, Increased sweating, Loss of appetite, Muscle cramp, Pain in muscles, Nausea, Stomach pain, Tremor, Vomiting, Weakness
Duvanta 40 mg tablet is used in the treatment of depression and diabetic nerve disease
- Take Duloxetine only as directed by your doctor. Do not take it more often or for a longer period of time.
- You may have to take Duloxetine at least for 4 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Do not discontinue the use of Duloxetine, unless the doctor has advised you. This may increase the chances of side effects.
- Duloxetine should be taken with food to minimize the chances of an upset stomach.
- Avoid driving after taking as it may cause drowsiness, blurred vision, dizziness and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Duloxetine, it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Duloxetine may cause a higher risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviour changes.
- Duloxetine causes sleepiness, so it's good for people who have trouble sleeping (insomnia).
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is duloxetine an SSRI, tricyclic antidepressant, opoid, or a pain-killer?
Duloxetine is not a SSRI/tricyclic antidepressant/opoid analgesic or pain-killer. It is a SSNRI (selective serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor)
Q. Does it contain MAOI?
Duloxetine is a MAO inhibitor (MAOI)
Q. Is duloxetine the same as Cymbalta?
Yes. Cymbalta is the branded version of duloxetine available in the market
Q. Is duloxetine addictive?
Duloxetine is not addictive; but it can produce withdrawal symptoms when treatment is stopped abruptly. Please consult your doctor, if you experience any withdrawal symptoms after stopping the therapy
Q. Can I take Cymbalta forever?
It is advisable to take this drug only for the duration prescribed by your doctor
Q. Can I take duloxetine with tramadol, paracetamol, naproxen, Nytol, amitryptyline, citalopram, ibuprofen, or codeine?
Duloxetine should not be taken with tramadol, amitriptyline, citalopram, diazepam, codeine or naproxen. It can be taken with paracetamol or ibuprofen only if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does duloxetine cause weight loss, acne, sweating, or hairloss?
Duloxetine may cause weight gain instead of weight loss. It can also cause, sweating, hairloss or acne. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does duloxetine contain gluten?
No. Deloxetine is gluten-free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.