How It Works:
Eflora 13.9% w/w cream is a hair growth inhibitor that works by inhibiting an enzyme located in the hair follicle (base of hair) that is involved in hair growth.
Rash, Acne, Burning sensation, Tingling sensation, Dry skin, Skin redness, Hair loss, Skin irritation, Flushing
Eflora 13.9% w/w cream is used in the treatment of excessive hair growth
- Do not apply eflornithine cream within 5 minutes of using any hair removal technique such as waxing or shaving or on broken or inflamed skin as it may cause irritation.
- Do not wash the affected area within 4 hours of application of the cream.
- Do not apply make-up or sunscreen on the affected area for at least 5 minutes after application of eflornithine cream.
- Apply the cream on freshly cleaned and dried skin as directed by the physician. Keep an interval of 8 hours between each application of cream.
- Avoid contact of the cream with the eyes or nose or any other part of the body other than the intended area.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any discomfort e.g. irritation with use of the eflornithine cream
- Do not discontinue the treatment without consulting your physician as the hair growth may resume after stopping the treatment.
- Donot take if allergic to eflornithine or to any ingredient in the medicine.
- Do not consume if Pregnant or breastfeeding women or women below 18 years of age.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. What is eflornithine or Eflornithine Vaniqa?
Eflornithine is a medicine used for the treatment of unwanted facial hair in women. It is available as a cream. Eflornithine Vaniqa is one of the brand names of the medicine
Q. Is eflornithine cream available over-the-counter?
No. Eflornithine is not available over-the-counter. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner
Q. Is eflornithine cream safe?
Eflornithine cream is relatively safe if used as directed by the physician. In case of any adverse events, please consult your doctor.