How It Works:
Facid 20 mg tablet lowers the acid production in the stomach.
Fatigue, Headache, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Muscle pain, Drowsiness, Dizziness
Facid 20 mg tablet is used in the treatment of acidity, heartburn, intestinal ulcers and stomach ulcers
- The Famotidine can be taken with or without food.
- Famotidine is very effective in controlling stomach acid release in the midnight, so it is better to take Famotidine before going to bed.
- Take Famotidine for the entire prescribed duration of the treatment, even if you begin to feel better
If you are taking an antacid, take it 2 hours before or after the Famotidine.
- Avoid drinking soft drinks, citrus products like orange and lemon, which irritate the stomach.
- Quit smoking or at least do not smoke after taking the medicine, as it tends to decrease the effect of Famotidine by increasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking the Famotidine, as it increases the blood alcohol level.
- Some laboratory tests may be affected by Famotidine. Notify your doctor that you are taking this medicine before you have any tests for skin allergies or tests to determine how much acid your stomach produces.
- Patients with kidney disease may need to take a lower dose.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is famotidine a PPI/antacid/same as omeprazole/anticholinergic?
Famotidine belongs to a class of medication call antacids. It is not a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) or an anticholinergic. It is not the same as omeprazole
Q. Is famotidine an over the counter or prescription drug?
Famotidine is an over the counter drug
Q. Is famotidine safe?
Famotidine is safe when taken for an indication and at a dose strictly instructed by your doctor
Q. Does it expire?
It has an expiry date and should not be used beyond that date
Q. Is famotidine better than ranitidine?
The doctor may prescribe either to you based on your symptoms. Please follow the instructions of your doctor
Q. Can I take famotidine for gas/nausea/indigestion/diarrhea/heartburn/acid reflux?
Famotidine can be taken for heartburn or acid reflux at a dose strictly instructed by your doctor. It is not used for treating gas/nausea/indigestion/diarrhea
Q. Can I take lansoprazole /omeprazole /pantoprazole /azithromycin /tramadol /Cipro/ tums/doxycycline with famotidine?
It is not advisable to take lansoprazole/ omeprazole /pantoprazole / tums along with famotidine unless advised by the doctor. Famotidine is not known to interact with azithromycin/ tramadol/ Cipro/ doxycycline. Any combination with famotidine should be taken only if prescribed by the doctor
Q. Does famotidine cause hair loss/constipation/drowsiness/diarrhea/bone loss/potentiate opioids?
Famotidine is not known to cause hair loss/bone loss/potentiate opioids. It may have some side effects like slight constipation/drowsiness/diarrhea. Please consult the doctor in case any side effect is observed.