How It Works:
Histakind 180 mg tablet belongs to a class of medications called antihistamines. It prevents the release of histamine, a substance that plays a major role in many allergic reactions by dilating blood vessels which makes the vessel walls abnormally permeable.
Pain in extremity, Back pain, Cough, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Pain during periods, Headache, Vomiting
Histakind 180 mg tablet is used in the treatment of allergic disorders
- Do not take fexofenadine with any fruit juices (such as apple, orange, or grapefruit).
- Take the disintegrating tablet on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- Avoid using antacids within 15 minutes before or after taking this medicine. It can make it harder for your body to absorb this medication.
- Leave about 2 hours between the time that you take fexofenadine and your indigestion remedy.
- There may be other drugs that can affect fexofenadine. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Tell your doctor about all medications you use.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking fexofenadine: if you have problems with your liver or kidneys, if you have or ever had heart disease, since this kind of medicine may lead to a fast or irregular heartbeat, if you are elderly.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is fexofenadine a steroid/ a decongestant/ sedating/ stimulant/ anticholinergic/ gluten free?
Fexofenadine (also available as Allegra) is not a steroid/ a decongestant. It may produce minimal sedation and may have mild stimulating effects. It does not have anticholinergic activity. Fexofenadine and other related brands are gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Is allegra better than zyrtec?
Both Zyrtec (cetrizine) and Allegra (fexofenadine) are antihistamines. Zyrtec is effective at combating hives, while Allegra is most often used to treat the symptoms of hay fever. Both medications work well, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Is allegra available over the counter?
Yes, it is available over-counter.