How It Works:
Frext 100 mg tablet cr works in depression by increasing the levels of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is one of the chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating mood.
Nausea, Nervousness, Drowsiness, Altered libido, Altered sexual function, Confusion, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Dry mouth, Flatulence, Headache, Impaired concentration, Indigestion, Loss of appetite, Stomach pain, Unsteadiness, Vomiting, Weakness, Weight loss
Frext 100 mg tablet cr is used in the treatment of post traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder and phobia
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Fluvoxamine, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The risk of dependence is minimal with the Fluvoxamine.
- The most common side effect seen with Fluvoxamine is nausea, vomiting followed by diarrhea. On long-term use, the patient might develop sexual side effects, but they are reversible.
- Do not discontinue or increase/decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- You may have to take Fluvoxamine at least for 2 to 3 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Notify your doctor if you feel unusually agitated, irritable, or have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself.
- Fluvoxamine should be taken preferably during the day to keep the mood alleviated during the day.
- During the treatment initially signs of anxiety may be seen in some patients.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is fluvoxamine a controlled substance, narcotic, addictive?
Fluvoxamine is not a controlled substance, narcotic or addictive
Q. Is fluvoxamine a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or benzo?
Fluvoxamine is not a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or benzo. It is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Q. Is fluvoxamine safe?
Fluvoxamine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is fluvoxamine like Xanax, Luvox, and Prozac?
Luvox is the brand name of fluvoxamine. Fluvoxamine and Prozac (fluoxetine) belongs to same class of medications however they differ in the dose to be taken, duration of action and the side effects they produce. Xanax (alprazolam) is a different drug from different class used to treat anxiety disorder
Q. Can fluvoxamine be taken with ibuprofen?
Fluvoxamine when taken with ibuprofen may lead to increased bruising or bleeding
Q. Does fluvoxamine make you sleepy, cause hair loss, weight gain or loss, get you high, and make you tired?
Fluvoxamine can make you sleepy, gain weight or lose, get you high and tired. Generally fluvoxamine does not cause hair loss.