How It Works:
Glynase 5 mg tablet increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
Nausea, Itchy rash, Abdominal pain, Jaundice, Abnormal liver function tests, Blurred vision, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Fall in blood sugar level, Sleepiness, Tremor, Vomiting
Glynase 5 mg tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
- Delay or missing scheduled meals or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool and pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Glipizide does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Can you take glipizide with sulfa allergy?
You can take glipizide if you are not allergic to glipizide or drugs from the same class i.e. sulphonylureas, sulphonamides or to any ingredients of the glipizide table. Glipizide is not contraindicated in patient with sulfa allergy
Q. Can you take glipizide with or without metformin?
You can take glipizide with or without metformin. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take glipizide with insulin?
Yes. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take glipizide with levothyroxine?
When levothyroxine is taken with glipizide, it may compromise the blood sugar controlling effect of glipizide. However, levothyroxine and glipizide can be taken together at a dose and schedule advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take glipizide with paracetamol (Tylenol)?
Glipizide and paracetamol have no known adverse drug interactions and can be taken together. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take glipizide with ibuprofen?
Concomitant administration of glipizide with ibuprofen may cause excessive lowering of the blood sugar level (hypoglycemia).Ibuprofen can be taken with glipizide if indicated provided that you follow the advice of the doctor regarding the dose and schedule of use of drugs.