How It Works:
Ispaghula husk absorbs more water and add bulk (fiber) in the intestine and promotes normal bowel movement.
Bloating, Abdominal distension
Ispaghula is used in the treatment of constipation
- Together with Ispaghula, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Avoid taking a Ispaghula for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Take Ispaghula after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- A Ispaghula should be preferably taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Do not try to swallow Ispaghula in the dry form. It should be taken with full glass of water or fruit juice.