How It Works:
Itopride indirectly stimulates the release of acetylcholine, a chemical that can increase the motility of the intestine.
Headache, Nausea, Diarrhoea
Itopride is used in the treatment of heartburn and indigestion
- Itopride should be used with careful monitoring in elderly patients.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking this medication as it may cause dizziness.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe any sudden allergic reactions such as breathlessness (dyspnea), urticaria (red, raised, itchy skin rash), low blood pressure (hypotension), sweating (diaphoresis) and pallor (pale color of skin).
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Avoid if allergic to itopride or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from severe gastrointestinal disorders such as bleeding, obstruction or perforation of intestine.
- Avoid if patient is Breastfeeding women.