How It Works:
Lactitol works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, that makes the stools soft and easier to pass.
Electrolyte imbalance, Drug dependence, Dehydration
Lactitol is used in constipation
- Avoid taking a Lactitol for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Together with Lactitol, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- A Lactitol should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Lactitol contains sugars.
- Take Lactitol after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.