How It Works:
Lercanidipine belongs to a group of medicines called calcium channel blockers (dihydropyridine derivatives). It relaxes and opens the blood vessels, allows free blood circulation in the body and thus reduces blood pressure.
sudden reddening of the face, Headache, faster heart beats, neck or upper chest, dizziness, ankle swelling., palpitations
Lercanidipine is used alone or in combination with an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor to treat hypertension (high blood pressure), and chest pains associated with heart attack.
- You should preferably take lercanidipine in the morning at least 15-30 minutes before breakfast.
- Take precautions if you have or had any of the following medical conditions: certain heart conditions which have not been treated by insertion of a pacemaker or have pre-existing angina, problems with your liver or kidneys or you are on dialysis.
- Do not drive or use machines as use of lercanidipine may lead to dizziness, weakness and tiredness.
- Do not consume alcohol during treatment as it may increase the side effect of lercanidipine.
- Please inform the doctor if you have intolerance to some sugars.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is lercanidipine safe in pregnancy?Lercanidipine should not be used in pregnancy or by those who plan to become pregnant as it is highly unsafe for the growing baby.
Q. Is it safe to use lercanidipine during breastfeeding?Lercanidipine is not safe for the baby and should not be used by women who are breastfeeding.
Q. Is lercanidipine a beta blocker/ a diuretic/ a statin/ a calcium channel blocker?Lercanidipine is a calcium channel blocker and not a beta blocker, a diuretic or a statin.
Q. What is lercanidipine hydrochloride used for/ what is lercanidipine used for/ what is lercanidipine hydrochloride/ what is lercanidipine Sandoz?Lercanidipine is used alone or in combination with an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor to treat to treat hypertension (high blood pressure), and chest pains associated with heart attack.
Q. Is lercanidipine safe/ does lercanidipine cause ankle swelling/weight gain/ hair loss?Lercanidipine is safe if taken at recommended dosage and duration. It may cause certain side effects such as ankle swelling. Always consult your doctor before its use.
Q. How does lercanidipine hydrochloride work?Lercanidipine hydrochloride relaxes and opens the blood vessels, allows free blood circulation in the body and thus reduces blood pressure.
Q. Can i take ibuprofen with lercanidipine?It is not known whether lercanidipine cause any drug reaction with ibuprofen, always consult your doctor before its use.