How It Works:
Involym 408 mg capsule is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Nausea, Abdominal cramp, Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea, Headache
Involym 408 mg capsule is used in the treatment of bacterial infections
- Always take the medicine with a glass of water and avoid taking large amounts of milk with lymecycline as milk may affect its absorption.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet rays while taking this drug. Use sunscreen or protective clothing while going out in the sun.
- Do not take if allergic to lymecycline or tetracyclines or to any ingredients.
- Do not give to Children below 12 years of age as the drug may cause tooth discoloration or may affect bone development.
- Do not consume if Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Do not take if suffering from or have history of kidney disease.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is lymecycline an antibiotic, penicillin or tetracycline?
Lymecycline is a type of tetracycline antibiotic. It is not a penicillin
Q. Is lymecycline used for the treatment of acne?
Yes. Lymecycline is used for the treatment of acne caused due to infections by bacteria
Q. Is lymecycline safe?
Lymecycline is relatively safe if used as directed by physician. In case of adverse events, please consult your doctor
Q. Is lymecycline same as Tetralysal?
Yes. Tetralysal is the name of one of the brands of lymecycline available in the market
Q. Does lymecycline affect birth control?
Yes. Lymecycline may reduce the contraceptive action of hormonal contraceptive medicines. Hence, use of alternate birth control measure is recommended while taking lymecycline
Q. Does lymecycline cause weight changes, hair loss or affect periods?
Lymecycline is not known to cause hair loss or changes in weight or periods. If you experience any such adverse event, please consult your doctor.