How It Works:
Ornidazole is an antibiotic belonging to the class of medications called as anti-bacterials and anti-protozoals. It works by causing cell death thereby inhibiting the growth of bacteria thus relieving the symptoms associated with infections.
Rash, Itching, Skin redness
Ornidazole Topical is used in the treatment of bacterial infections
- Tell your doctor if you have any previous history of fits or if you experience unusual numbness of skin.
- Ornidazole cream is only meant to be applied on the skin of the affected area and should not be consumed orally or instilled into eyes.
- In case of accidental direct contact with your eyes, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek medical attention if any irritation persists.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to ornidazole or any of its ingredients.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is ornidazole topical same as metronidazole?
Ornidazole topical and metronidazole are two different drugs belonging to the same class. However, they may have different indications. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is ornidazole topical carcinogenic?
There are no reports suggesting the potential of ornidazole to cause cancer.