How It Works:
Piroxicam belongs to a class of medications called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by decreasing the secretion of chemicals (prostaglandins) that cause inflammation and pain in the body.
Increased sensitivity to light, Allergic reaction, Itching, Skin rash, Skin redness
Dolonex 5mg gel is used in the treatment of joint pain and musculo-skeletal pain
- Life threatening skin reaction can occur with the use of piroxicam topical. Consult a doctor if you have any signs of allergic reactions.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight. Piroxicam topical may increase the sensitivity of the skin to sunlight.
- Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing when exposure to the sun is unavoidable.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is
- allergic to piroxicam, aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or any of its ingredients.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is piroxicam/ Dolonex/ Dolonex DT a pain killer?
Dolonex and Dolonex DT are brand names of piroxicam. Piroxicam topical is used to relieve pain and reduce swelling of the joints
Q. Is piroxicam the same as ibuprofen?
Piroxicam and ibuprofen, both are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). They are similar in action but are not identical. Piroxicam topical is generally used to relieve pain and reduce swelling affecting joints
Q. Does piroxicam topical contain aspirin/ acetaminophen/ibuprofen?
No, it does not contain aspirin/acetaminophen/ibuprofen.