How It Works:
Livastat 4mg tablet blocks an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) that is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lowers the level of cholestrol in the body.
Pain in extremity, Liver enzyme increased, Back pain, Breakdown of damaged muscle tissue, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Muscle disorder, Muscle pain
Livastat 4mg tablet is used in the treatment of increased cholesterol levels in blood, increased triglycerides levels in blood and increased LDL levels in blood
- Take Pitavastatin only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Pitavastatin, it may worsen the adverse effects of this medicine on the liver.
- Notify your doctor if you experience unexplained muscle pain or weakness, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Do not take Niacin with Pitavastatin. Niacin may increase Pitavastatin's side effects on the muscles, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Notify the doctor that you are taking this medicine before undergoing any kind of surgery.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Pitavastatin is superior to atorvastatin?
Pitavastatin and atorvastatin are different drugs belonging to the same class of HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (statins) and have the same mechanism of action. Their use in different conditions may vary depending upon individual response and therefore comparison between the two drugs cannot be drawn. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding their use.