How It Works:
Sertaconazole belongs to the class of medications called as antifungal agents. It works by interacting with certain chemicals (cytochrome P-450) inside the fungus and prevents the synthesis of an essential component of fungal cell membrane (ergosterol) thereby preventing fungal growth.
Application site skin tenderness, Application site reaction, Application site oozing, Application site blister, Burning sensation, Contact dermatitis, Dry skin
Sertakon 2% cream is used in the treatment of fungal infections
- Wash your hands before and after applying the medication to the affected area(s).
- Inform your doctor immediately if you observe increased irritation, redness, itching, burning, blistering, swelling or oozing.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, nose, mouth and other mucous membranes.
- Use sertaconazole topical with extreme caution in children < 12 years.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to sertaconazole or any of its ingredients.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. What is sertoconazole/onabet cream/onabet lotion/sertaconazole nitrate creams used for?
Sertaconazole is antifungal agent used to treat fungal infections of the foot (between digits)
Q. What is onabet B?
Onabet B contains a steroid beclomethasone in addition to sertaconazole. Sertaconazole is antifungal agent used to treat fungal infections of the foot (between digits). Always follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is sertaconazole available over-the-counter?
No, sertaconazole is a scheduled medicine, available on producing a prescription.