How It Works:
Sulfacetamide is an antibiotic. It stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
Stinging sensation, Irritation, Burning sensation
Sulfacetamide is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and acne (pimples)
- Complete the full course of sulfacetamide treatment even if you feel better.
- Do not apply sulfacetamide while you are wearing contact lenses. Wait for at least 15-20 minutes after using sulfacetamide to put in the contact lenses.
- Ensure that you do not rub your eyes even if your vision is blurred after applying sulfacetamide.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as sulfacetamide may cause blurred vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is sulfacetamide sodium ophthalmic solution an antibiotic/ a sulfa drug?
Sulfacetamide belongs to a class of medicines called sulfonamide antibiotics
Q. Is sulfacetamide used for pink eye?
Yes. Sulfacetamide is used for pink eye (conjunctivitis; inflammation of the eye)
Q. Is sulfacetamide supposed to burn?
Sulfacetamide may cause burning sensation. Consult your doctor burning continues for more than 48 hours.