How It Works:
Tadalafil belongs to a group of medicines called phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. It increases blood flow in the penis by relaxing and widening the blood vessels and helps achieve and maintain erection sufficient for sexual activity. By improving the blood flow to the prostate and relaxing the muscles in the prostate gland and the bladder, tadalafil helps to relieve urinary symptoms. Similarly, relaxation of blood vessels in lung leads to lowering of blood pressure.
fainting, blurred vision, indigestion, vomiting; frequent persistent heartburn, flu-like symptoms, flow of bitter fluid into mouth, facial swelling, Headache, muscle pain, and upper abdominal pain ; rash, urge to vomit, bleeding from nose, chest pain.and penile/erectile problems ., difficulty swallowing, back pain, increased uterine bleeding, flushing; sore throat, pain in the extremities.Allergic reaction, nasal blockage
Tadalafil is used to treat erectile dysfunction (inability to achieve or maintain penile erection), symptoms of enlarged prostate gland in male (benign prostatic hyperplasia) such as difficulty while urinating, painful urination and urinary urgency; and increased blood pressure in lungs (pulmonary arterial hypertension).
- Do not take more than once per day.
- It's best to take this drug about 1 hour before sexual activity, but you can take it anywhere between 4 hours and 30 minutes before you need it.
- If you have an erection for more than 4 hours, call a doctor.
- The drug works best when taken on an empty stomach.
- Do not take the drug if you are also using a nitrate drug for chest pain or heart problems.
- Tadalafil may cause dizziness. Do not drive or operate machinery after taking sildenafil.
- Drinking too much alcohol before taking tadalafil can temporarily impair the ability to get an erection. To get the maximum benefit from the medicine, it is advised not to drink excessive amounts of alcohol before taking this drug.
- You should avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking tadalafil as it may increase the side effects.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Tadalafil/ Cialis/ megalis/ tazzle is better than sildenafil/ Viagra or same?Tadalafil/ Cialis/ megalis/ tazzle and sildenafil/ Viagra both treat erectile dysfunction effectively. The effectiveness may vary with individual taking the medicine. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.
Q. Can I take tadalafil with sildenafil?Avoid taking tadalafil with sildenafil. Concomitant therapy is not recommended and it may also worsen the side effects caused by individual medicine.
Q. Is tadalafil addictive?No, tadalafil is not an addictive drug. However some people may develop emotional or psychological dependence on the medicine.
Q. Is tadalafil safe?If used for approved indication in appropriate doses, tadalafil is relatively safe. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Q. Can I take tadalafil forever?Please consult your doctor for the dose and duration of the treatment required.
Q. Does tadalafil delays ejaculation, affects sperms, affects fertility, and increases testosterone?No, tadalafil does not delay ejaculation, and have no effect on sperms, fertility and testosterone.
Q. How long does tadalafil last?Generally effects of tadalfil lasts up to 36 hours, however the effect may vary depending on the individual taking the medicine.
Q. Can I take tadalafil with metoprolol, lisinopril, prednisone, losartan?Tadalafil when taken with metoprolol, lisinopril, prednisone, losartan may cause low blood pressure. Please consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
Q. Can I take tadalafil with high blood pressure?If you are taking any medicines to treat high blood pressure (antihypertensives), taking tadalafil with antihypertensives may cause low blood pressure. Please consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.