How It Works:
Velix 30mg injection dissolves the harmful blood clot in the blood vessels
Bleeding, Blood in urine, Bruise, Blood in stool, Gastrointestinal bleeding, Injection site bleeding, Nose bleed
Velix 30mg injection is used in the treatment of heart attack
- Inform your doctor if you have high blood pressure, blood circulation problems in the brain (cerebrovascular disease), abnormal heart valve (mitral stenosis) or heart rhythm (atrial fibrillation); gastrointestinal bleeding or genitourinary (blood in urine) bleeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have taken any intramuscular injection in the prior two days.
- Take necessary precaution while on tenecteplase therapy as it may result in severe or life-threatening bleeding.
- Avoid situations that may lead to bruising or injury. Seek immediate medical attention if you develop unusual bruising or bleeding, pink or brown urine, dark, tarry, or bloody stools or if you cough up blood.
- Use with tenecteplase with caution if you are more than 75 years of age or less than 60 kg weight.
- Tenecteplase is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. What is tenectaplase derived from?
Tenectaplase is derived from Chinese hamster ovary cell line
Q. How is tenectaplase supplied?
Tenectaplase is supplied as a powder in a vial that needs to be added to the water for injection to form a solution to be given by injection.