How It Works:
Tolperisone belongs to group of medicines called muscle relaxant. It works by action on central nervous system. It has pain relieving (analgesic) activity too.
and severe systemic reactions ., raised, breathlessness, Itching of skin, low blood pressure, and itchy skin rash, swelling of eyes and lips, pale red, rash, Redness of skin, increased heart rate
Tolperisone is used to relieve stiffness or rigidity of muscles (muscle spasticity) and muscular contraction (spasm). It is used in the treatment of unusual stiffness of muscle after certain neurological diseases in adults.
- Tolperisone tablet should be taken after meals with a glass of water.
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with tolperisone.
- Women and patients with hypersensitivity to other drugs (e.g., lidocaine) or with a history of allergy may be at a higher risk of hypersensitivity to tolperisone.
Do not start or continue the tolperisone and consult your doctor:
- If you experience disturbance in attention, fits (epilepsy), blurred vision or muscular weakness.
- If you experience viral infections at the same time.
- If you have a history of allergic diseases such as runny nose due to allergy (hay fever), asthma, eczema (atopic dermatitis) with high serum IgE, and pale red, raised, itchy skin rash (urticaria).
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is tolperisone a steroid, stimulant, or addictive drug?No, tolperisone is not a steroid, stimulant or addictive drug. It is a muscle relaxant.
Q. Is tolperisone or Synaptol safe?Tolperisone or Synaptol (brand name of tolperisone) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Can I take Synaptol with concerta? Does Synaptol work for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)?The use of Synaptol with concerta (methylphenidate) should be avoided. Use of Synaptol or tolperisone is not approved for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Q. Does Synaptol work for adults?Yes Synaptol is used in the treatment of unusual tightness of muscle after a stroke in adults.
Q. Does Synaptol cause weight loss or weight gain, or suppress appetite?There is no data about Synaptol causing weight loss or weight gain, or suppress appetite. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.