How It Works:
Triamcinolone belongs to a class of medications called as corticosteroids. It works by reducing the production of chemicals (prostaglandins, leukotrienes) in the body that cause inflammation and allergies.
Airway inflammation, Sore throat, Skin rash, Skin redness, Nose bleed, Headache, Influenza like symptoms, Feeling of discomfort, Application site itching, Cough, Running nose
Cinort gel is used in the treatment of severe allergic reaction, allergic disorders and oral lichen planus
- Avoid direct contact of the ointment with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma, increased pressure in the eye or cataract.
- Avoid applying ointment to large area of the skin, broken skin or under certain dressing especially in children.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and wear protective clothing while using triamcinolone ointment, as it may increase sensitivity to sunlight.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to triamcinolone, other corticosteroids, chlortetracycline, other tetracyclines or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you are suffering from tuberculosis, fungal, or viral lesions of the skin (herpes simplex, vaccinia and varicella), and primary bacterial infections, e.g. impetigo (a contagious bacterial skin infection forming pustules and yellow crusty sores) pyoderma (any skin disease with pus), furunculosis (infection of hair follicles), in acne vulgaris rosacea, perioral dermatitis (a condition characterized by is a facial rash on the face causing bumps to develop round the mouth) and widespread plaque psoriasis (A condition in which skin cells build up and form scales and itchy, dry patches).
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is triamcinolone an antibiotic/sulfa/steroid drug?
Triamcinolone is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug. It belongs to class of medications called as corticosteroids
Q. Is triamcinolone the same as Daktarin/Kemakort/Lanacort?
Kemakort, Kemakort, Retard are the names of triamcinolone available in the market. Daktarin is the brand name of miconazole, while Lanacort is the brand name of the drug Hydrocortisone acetate
Q. Is triamcinolone safe for babies?
No. Triamcinolone is not safe for babies and in children below 6 years of age
Q. Does triamcinolone topical cure ringworm infection/acne/impetigo/tinea versicolor or thrush?
Triamcinolone topical is not effective in the treatment of ringworm, acne, impetigo, tinea versicolor or thrush. However, it helps in reducing the inflammation caused by these conditions.