How It Works:
Kenacort 40 mg injection belongs to a category of drugs called as corticosteroids. It works by reducing the production of substances in the body that cause inflammation and allergies.
Acne, Burning sensation, Itching, Changes in skin color, Dry skin, Difficulty in swalloing, Shortness of breath, Skin cracking, Skin infection, Rash, Skin redness, Sunburn, Photosensitivity, Wheezing
Kenacort 40 mg injection is used in the treatment of allergic disorders, severe allergic reaction and rheumatic disorder
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections.
- Do not receive a "live" vaccine while you are taking triamcinolone. Vaccines may not work as well while you are taking a steroid
- Do not stop using triamcinolone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not take the medicine If you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is triamcinolone an antibiotic/sulfa/steroid drug?
Triamcinolone is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug. It is a steroid
Q. Is triamcinolone available or sold over the counter?
No. Triamcinolone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. Is Triamcinolone the same as Daktarin/Kemakort/ Lanacort?
Kemakort, Kemakort, Retard are names of triamcinolone available in the market. Daktarin is the brand name of miconazole, while Lanacort is the brand name of the drug Hydrocortisone acetate
Q. Is Triamcinolone safe?
Yes. Triamcinolone is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. What is Kemakort and what is it used for?
Kemakort is the brand name of triamcinolone. It is used to treat various skin, throat, eye, blood and bone infections, asthma and certain types of cancer
Q. Is triamcinolone safe for babies?
No. Triamcinolone is not safe for babies and in children below 6 years of age
Q. Does triamcinolone cure ringworm infection/acne/impetigo/tinea versicolor or thrush?
Triamcinolone is not effective in the treatment of ringworm, acne, impetigo, tinea versicolor or thrush. However, it helps in reducing the inflammation caused by these conditions.