How It Works:
Calaptin 80 mg tablet blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels. As a result, blood vessels are relaxed and heart beats with less force. This lowers the blood pressure, abnormally fast heart beat and protects the heart following a heart attack.
Arterial hypotension (low blood pressure), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness, Flushing, Constipation
Calaptin 80 mg tablet is used in the treatment of increased blood pressure , angina (chest pain) and arrhythmias (abnormal heart beat)
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Verapamil can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Verapamil can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Verapamil. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Verapamil may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is verapamil safe?
Yes. Verapamil is relatively safe if taken in prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/aspirin/Benadryl/Tylenol with verapamil?
Verapamil can be taken with ibuprofen/aspirin/paracetamol (Tylenol) or diphenhydramine (Benadryl) if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does verapamil cause weight changes, heartburn or leg cramps?
No, Verapamil is not known to affect your weight. If you notice any weight changes, please consult your doctor
Q. Does verapamil affect heart rate?
One of the side-effects of verapamil is slow heart rate. If you notice such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Is verapamil a beta blocker, statin, ant cholinergic, MOA inhibitor?
No. Verapamil is not a beta blocker, statin, MOA inhibitor or anticholinergic. It is a calcium channel blocker. However, both the classes of drugs are used for managing high blood pressure and abnormal heart beats (arrhythmia)
Q. Is verapamil used for migraine headaches?
Yes, verapamil can be useful for migraine headaches. But take verapamil only if it is prescribed to you by your doctor