How It Works:
Vysov 50mg tablet increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
Constipation, Cough, Dizziness, Headache, Increased sweating, Nasopharyngitis
Vysov 50mg tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Notify your doctor if you have or ever had:
- A disease of the pancreas (such as pancreatitis).
- Gallstones, alcohol dependency or very high levels of triglycerides (a form of fat found in blood) in your blood. These medical conditions can increase your chance of getting pancreatitis.
- Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis (a complication of diabetes with high blood sugar, rapid weight loss, nausea or vomiting)
- Any past or present kidney problems.
- An allergic reaction to Vildagliptin
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Is vildagliptin safe?
Vildagliptin (also available as galvus, jalra) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. How is vildagliptin metabolized?
Vildagliptin is metabolized by the process of hydrolysis in kidney
Q. Does vildagliptin cause weight gain?
Body weight usually does not change with vildagliptin therapy. However, consult your doctor, if you experience weight gain
Q. Is vildagliptin better than sitagliptin?
Vildagliptin and sitagliptin belong to same class of drugs and are equally effective and safe in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is vildagliptin licensed with insulin?
Vildagliptin can be taken in combination with insulin when prescribed by doctor. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use.