How It Works:
Vinpocetine is a semisynthetic derivative of the vinca alkaloids. It increases blood flow to the brain and heart and protects it from injury.
Dizziness, Dry mouth, Flushing, Headache, Insomnia, Nausea, Stomach pain
Vinpocetine is used in the treatment of alzheimer's disease (brain disorder that affects memory and intellectual ability), stroke (decreased blood supply to brain), dementia in parkinson's disease (a disorder of the nervous system that causes difficulties with movement and balance), age related memory loss and head trauma
- Do not use vinpocetine if you have blood clotting disorder because it might increase the risk of bleeding.
- Take precautions as vinpocetine may reduce body’s ability to fight infections. Inform your doctor if you have a weakened immune system due to conditions such as HIV/AIDS or cancer treatment.
- Discontinue the use of vinpocetine at least 2 weeks before you are scheduled for surgery.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as Vinpocetine may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol with vinpocetine as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. Does vinpocetine help tinnitus/ lower blood pressure/ cause depression/ raise blood pressure/ thin the blood/ make you sleepy/ help with anxiety?
Vinpocetine is used for treating tinnitus. However, it is known to cause raise/ lowering of blood pressure, depression, thinning of blood, sleepiness and it does not help with anxiety.